The clinical trials listed in this section are open to patient recruitment. For each trial, an overview of the study design is provided together with a brief explanation of the trial objectives. A more detailed overview is available in the Members Area.
The AGITG’s clinical trials service patients in metropolitan and regional areas through hospitals and medical centres in Australia, New Zealand and across the globe. To find out which participating centers have trials open to recruitment, click here.
- Colorectal cancer |ASCOLT
An international randomised, double blind, placebo controlled phase III multi-centre trial, investigating the effect of aspirin on disease free survival and overall survival as adjuvant treatment in patients with resected stage II and III colorectal cancer. Read more.
- Stomach cancer | TOP GEAR
Trial of preoperative therapy for gastric and esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma. A randomised phase II/III trial of preoperative chemoradiotherapy versus preoperative chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer. Read more.
- Metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumour | ALT GIST
A randomised phase II trial of imatinib alternating with regorafenib compared to imatinib alone for the first line treatment of advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST). Read more.
- Anal Cancer | InterAACT:An International Multi‐centre Open Label Randomised Phase II Advanced Anal Cancer Trial Comparing Cisplatin plus 5‐fluorouracil versus Carboplatin plus Weekly Paclitaxel in Patients with Inoperable Locally Recurrent or Metastatic Disease. Read more.
- Neuroendocrine tumours | CONTROL NETs
Capecitabine ON Temozolomide Radionuclide therapy Octreotate Lutetium-177 NeuroEndocrine Tumours Study. Read more.